Position Type: Part-time (20 hrs/wk)
Reports to: Practice Lead
Do you have a passion for marketing? A drive to make and complete checklists? Do you obsess about the details? Do you love spreadsheets? Are you self-directed and capable of managing your time well? Can you diligently follow through on an assignment?
What we need:
We’re looking for a marketing assistant who is passionate about learning all aspects of supporting the success of a marketing and PR agency. Daily tasks may include doing online research to fill in incomplete information in spreadsheets, coordinating event logistics, proofing documents, maintaining office supplies, greeting guests, booking appointments, and handling international shipping. The right candidate for this job will be energetic and maintain a positive, can-do attitude. This job, to start, is part-time at 15-20 hours per week. The schedule is flexible, but hours will be within standard professional working hours – 8:30 to 5:30, Monday through Friday. This position has the potential to grow to full-time with the right person.
You’re Good at:
- Keeping details from slipping through the cracks: If you are assigned a task, you take responsibility for following through on it.
- Communication: You can anticipate the information that people will need and have a knack for keeping it handy.
- Seeing details: Spotting and fixing even the tiniest misalignments or missed punctuation marks borders on a compulsion for you. If mistakes get overlooked in this job, they cost time, money, and our reputation.
- Time Management: You are an excellent manager of your own time, turning out great work efficiently.
- Technology: You can look at technology and figure it out, even if you haven’t had a lot of exposure to it. Google is your best friend.
- Experience: 0-3 years.
- Education: Either completed or in-progress – a bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, or a related field.
- 80% or better on the Attention to Detail assessment: Associated with the job application.
- A cover letter: Everyone on the team must have good writing skills. Your cover letter is our first introduction to yours. Please give it some energy.
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Microsoft Outlook/Word/Excel email merges
- CRM experience of any kind
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- WordPress experience
Step 1: Email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should tell us what is unique or special about you that will make us glad we get to work with you every day. Both resume and cover letter should be in either .docx or .pdf format.
Step 2: Click HERE to take the Attention to Detail assessment. Please use the same email address that is on your resume.